Self Storage Events and Auctions in Summerdale
May 21: Some advice to prepare your RV to roll into summer!
- 05/21/2018 at 12:00 am
- 05/31/2018 at 11:30 pm
- Summerdale Self Storage
offers some advice to prepare your RV to roll into summer!
Here’s a handy checklist to get you moving in the right direction with your RV before your first trip after storage. First, pay attention to all the things in your RV that get you safely to your destinations and back.
1) Remove the RV cover, or, tarp, and inspect the exterior and interior for damage.
2) Reinstall the charged battery, and clean terminals.
3) Check all fluid levels.
4) Test brakes and lights.
5) Adjust tire pressure.
6) Check maintenance books, and perform any needed maintenance or repairs.
(Don’t forget about your onboard generator.)
Wash the exterior.
You’re almost done. Now that you know your RV is roadworthy, it’s time to make sure it’s livable too!
1) Flush all freshwater and holding tanks. Drain and flush the water heater according to directions in manual, and make sure the water heater is full before lighting burner. with a bleach and water solution.
2) Turn on an LP tank, and test stove burners, allowing trapped air to run out of gas lines.
3) Replace air filter if needed.
4) Light the gas on your refrigerator, furnace and water heater.
5) For inspect the fire extinguisher, and, replace batteries in the fire detector and the carbon monoxide detector.
6) Dust and vacuum interior, and, wipe down surfaces.
Finally, you can go shop for groceries and get on the road. Happy travels!
Do you have a favorite destination for your first summer RV trip?
Share it with us on our Facebook page.